Cacio e Smoked Peppercorns
Our love letter to the classic pasta dish features creamy burrata and our Organic Smoked Peppercorns.
What you'll need
- 250g fettuccine or spaghetti
- 50g finely grated Pecorino Romano
- 25g finely grated Parmesan
- 2½ tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp freshly ground Organic Smoked Peppercorns plus more to taste
- 4 oz burrata cheese
- Combine pecorino romano, parmesan, olive oil and freshly ground black pepper in a large mixing bowl until a thick paste forms. Set aside.
- Add pasta to a pot with just enough cold water to submerge the pasta. Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, uncover, lower heat to medium-high and stir every few minutes.
- After 5 minutes, remove ¾ cup of the pasta water from the pot. Slowly work ½ cup of the water into the cheese paste, blending until smooth.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain briefly before adding to the cheese paste. Toss and stir vigorously until the sauce is smooth and velvety, about two minutes. If the sauce is clumping, slowly work in the remaining pasta water and continue mixing.
- Serve topped with creamy burrata cheese and more freshly ground Organic Smoked Peppercorns to taste.