Autumn Grilled Cheese
Take your grilled cheese up a notch with this savoury addition of sweet onions and our Cacao Apple Crisp seasoning.
KANEL KITCHEN FAVORITE
What you'll need
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 slices prosciutto (optional)
- 8 slices of your favourite bread
- 11/2 cups shredded gouda or fontina cheese
- 11/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
- 2 Tbsp Organic Cacao Apple Crisp
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the onions until soft (3-5 minutes)
- Add half the apple cider vinegar, cooking until the cider has mostly evaporated. Add the remaining cider and cook another 5 minutes or until the onions are golden and caramelized.
- Add the thyme, and a pinch of salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
- If you are adding the prosciutto, cook in a skillet over medium heat until crisp, and remove from the skillet.
- Brush the outside of each slice of bread with olive oil. Inside, layer the cheese, onions, prosciutto and a generous sprinkle of Organic Cacao Apple Crisp.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the remaining butter and fry each sandwich until golden, about 3-5 minutes per side.