Vadouvan Curry Coconut Soup
If fall were a flavour, it'd be this. Seasonal Vadouvan Curry coconut soup, topped off with Sesame Hazelnut Dukka is an irresistible autumnal staple that can be enjoyed any season.
KANEL KITCHEN FAVORITE
What you'll need
- 2-3 Tbsp, Vadouvan Curry
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups (heaping) root veggies (we like carrots or squash), peeled & cubed
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp salt (we recommend our Holy Grail Garlic Salt)
- Prepared stock
- Sesame Hazelnut Dukka
- Coat the bottom of a pot with olive oil, and bloom vadouvan curry for about 1 minute over medium heat.
- Sauté onions until soft.
- Add veggies and a touch of salt. Stir occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Pour in coconut milk and enough water to cover the vegetables (optionally water can be replaced with your favorite prepared stock).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender and serve.