The Perfect Dry-Rubbed Steak
You may think that there’s no such thing as perfection, but that’s only because you haven’t had a steak like this yet. On the subject of “perfection,” no blend is better matched for this fatty, marbled ribeye quite like Butcher’s Block. The earthy nuttiness of the porcini and kick of heat from the black peppercorns cut the fat and balance out all that meaty flavour. Your move, steakhouse.
KANEL KITCHEN FAVORITE
What you'll need
- 30oz. Ribeye Steak
- 1-2 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Kanel Butcher’s Blend
- Lightly rub steak with olive oil then sprinkle generously with Butcher’s Blend. Massage to penetrate the flavours and refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
- Remove the steak from the fridge and let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes (this will ensure they cook quickly and evenly).
- Preheat the BBQ to high and oil grill.
- Place the steak on the hot grills and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Flip the steak over and repeat (cooking 3 minutes, turning 45 degrees and cooking an additional 3 minutes).
- Lower the heat to low, and continue indirect cooking until the internal temperature reaches 130°F for rare or 145°F for medium-rare cooking.
- Place the steak on a plate and cover with foil. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.