Sweet Korean Cauliflower Wings
Our Sweet Korean Heat gives this entirely plant-based recipe a real kick - and you’re going to love the addictively crispy, crunchy texture. Serve this as a main, side, or snack - that’s the part we leave up to you.
KANEL KITCHEN FAVORITE
What you'll need
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup all-purpose or gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup milk or milk alternative
- 1 cup panko or gluten free breadcrumbs
For the Sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown or white sugar
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Korean Heat
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch stirred into 1 teaspoon of water
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash and cut cauliflower head into bite-sized florets.
- Whisk together the flour and milk to make the batter. In a separate bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the cauliflower in the liquid mixture, and then coat them in the breadcrumbs and place onto the baking sheet
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While the wings are baking, whisk sauce ingredients together and pour into a pan over medium heat. Bring to a slow boil, and add your cornstarch mixture until it thickens.
- Toss the wings in the sauce, then return to the baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve (we like to dip these in a mixture of greek yogurt with Stockholm Lemon & Dill).