Creamy Coconut Green Curry
Bursting with flavour and warmth, this creamy coconut curry comes together quickly and can be adapted to incorporate whatever vegetables you have on hand.
What you'll need
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1 can of coconut milk (400ml)
- 1 can of chickpeas (400ml)
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tablespoons Bangkok Night Market
- 1 diced onion (1/2 inch)
- 1 red bell pepper diced (1/2 inch)
- 1 cup zucchini or other summer squash diced (1/2 inch)
- ½ block (175g) extra-firm tofu, cubed
- 1 lime, juiced
- Basil or Cilantro (optional)
Warm coconut oil over medium heat in a large pan. Add onion and cook until softened. Sprinkle in Bangkok Night Market and stir until fragrant. Add coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
Add red pepper and zucchini to the curry and simmer for 3 minutes. Add rinsed chickpeas and tofu and simmer for 8 minutes or until vegetables are fork tender.
Add soy sauce and juice of 1 lime.
Serve over jasmine rice and garnish with lime and basil or cilantro.