Chipotle Lime Skirt Steak
A refreshing lime juice-based marinade mingles with the heat from our Santa Fe Chipotle Honey for a tender, flavour-rich cut of meat. Feeling bold? Add a splash of tequila to liven up the marinade with even more complexity.
KANEL KITCHEN FAVORITE
What you'll need
- 1 to 1 1/2-pounds beef skirt steak (or flank steak)
- Grated zest and juice of 4 limes
- 1/4 cup clear tequila (optional)
- 3 tablespoons of Santa Fe Chipotle Honey
- Coat steak in Santa Fe Chipotle Honey and place the meat in a resealable food-storage bag or shallow dish. Add the lime zest and juice. Toss around and mix it up several times to coat the meat. Marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes to about 2 hours, turning every so often to coat the meat.
- Remove steak from the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add steak to skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes per side until medium-rare.
- Remove from heat, place on a cutting board and let rest, lightly covered, for 5 minutes.
- Slice steak thinly against the grain and serve with wedges of lime and your favourite taco toppings.